Thursday, November 11, 2010

For perseverance

Eternal Father,

The journey of life is replete with valleys, ditches, bumps, mountains and the great terrain of the basins.  Each chapter seems to pose a unique challenge.

However, my current trial seems to consume all remaining energy, patience and tenacity I have in the arsenal.  I don't understand why this is happening.  Do you judge me capable of enduring the race?  Do you not see my wounds, my sweat, my lack of breath, my desperation, anguish, disgust, bitterness and how this course is turning me into a different person?  Could I be as strong as you think I am?  I know you made me in your image and that for you all things are possible, but don't you know that I look away from the mirror and that I forget!

Allow me, in your kindness, to hold steadfast to your timeless promises and to secure my anchor in your wisdom, mercy and love, so that not matter how tough and ruthless the current, I can stand strong and formidable, with my eyes set on you.

In the end, you will be proud of me.  In the meantime, I seek your encouragement and help.

With pleading songs,

Amen.

Lilly Goodman - In the end (a beautiful song)

No comments:

Post a Comment